Thursday, September 24, 2015

Still Going #BosuStrong!

This past Monday, stared week two of FitApproach #BosuStrong challenge! I have to admit, I focused more on my running last week then any other form of working out, and this week, I have been a couch potato.  But, there is no time like the present to start making changes and get back into action!  Here is this weeks blog prompt! I hope it sparks a bit of inspiration in you, as it did in me:)




6 ways I stay balanced
If you forgot to join me last week for the #BOSUStrong challenge or just weren’t up for the cardio, make sure you join me this week as it’s all about the balance! We’re standing on one leg, lunging, and BOSU squatting our way through the week.

But balance means more than just being able to stand on one leg, it also means being able to do what you love while making healthy choices at the same time. It means putting in the work and still finding time for decompressing after a long day. Or eating the slice of pizza but balancing it out with the salad, or limiting yourself to 1 or 2 slices.  Or finishing a 5 mile trail run and doing an hour yoga practice at home when you can’t make it to the gym.

Here are the 6 ways I stay balanced - what are yours?

I make time for myself by every morning, I get up and make my coffee. I then take an hour to check my emails and plan out what my day will consist of.  Do I want to stay home and practice yoga, do I want to run the trails, or do I need to take a day off? My morning routine is my me time.
My favorite me time is when I'm running.  Even if my fiancé is right next to me, I'm in my zone.  I plug into my music and feel the rhythm of the run.  I process all the jumbled thoughts in my head and find my balance.
My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is everything in moderation! This does not mean having a small piece of pizza, ice cream and a soda though.  It means now and then its okay for me to splurge, but stick to my whole grains, fruits and veggies the other days.  I love huge salads!
I make fitness a priority by trying my best to make it a part of my daily routine.  I don't want to be older and struggling to get fit or be healthy.  I want to live my adult life knowing that I have done the best I can to take care of my body.
When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is curling in a ball and crying.  LOL just joking! I do wish I could sometimes though! The thing that best calms me when I feel that way is deep breaths, a hug from my fiancé, or some sun salutations.
To help my family stay balanced, we go for runs together and I post motivating things on forms of social media I use.  My fiancé and I push each other to be our best and not to give up.  He is one of the reasons I keep pushing myself and trying to be a better version of myself.

Bonus:
Here are my fave 6 moves to help improve your balance:

  1.  Warrior 3 (yoga)
  2.  One leg squats
  3.  One arm planks
  4.  Lunge Jumps
  5.  Squats on Bosu Ball
  6.  Forearm Inversions (yoga)

    So I want to know - are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment