Saturday, October 3, 2015

Balance & Stength

Another week has come and gone! I've found myself, once again, behind on updating and working out.  I am struggling so much to find motivation, especially now that fall has officially arrived in Wisconsin.  The weather has been windy and cold, with overcast skies-  very dreary.  I  complain more these days about missing workouts then i spend working out. It used to be the opposite.  hmm, i think that means its time to make some changes.

But, that aside, I've realized there are a few things i need in my life to keep me going- having a healthy balance and having strength.  This months #BosuStrong challenge has focused on building physical strength, as well as focusing on balance.  I need to have my mental, emotional and physical parts in balance for my life to flow evenly.  I belived that we need to find balance in all parts of our lives for them to have an easy flow and not feel like a constant uphill battle or struggle. Sure, not every day will be perfect, there will be ups and downs- but that is where we can call on our emotional and mental strength to help us through!  Just something to think about... :)

Havin said that, we now are ending week three of the #BosuStrong challenge!! How have you been staying #BosuStrong?  We are now in week 3 of the #BosuStrong Challenge!! So, with that being said, here is the blog prompt for this week- provided by SweatPink.


Week 3: My 5 Fave Stretches and 3 Tips for Toning your Triceps!

I can’t believe its already week 3 of the #BosuStrong challenge, time flies when  you’re having fun! Last week we focused on balance and I was proud of myself for finding balance in my everyday life. I was able to get in workouts (although not a lot of them) while keeping my daily routine in check. This week its all about stretching and toning – so make sure you join in on the fun!

Since we’re talking about stretching, here are 5 of my all time favorite stretches:

I love to stretch my legs by doing yoga! Yoga is my go to for EVERYTHING! If there is a muscle group you are looking to strengthen, tone or stretch- Yoga can and will help you get there.

My favorite total body stretch is
to pretend I'm a cat! What?! There isn't a name that for this that i know of, but, like a cat who lays and stretches out, i love doing that. I feel it in every part of my body! Its what i do every morning when i wake up and sometimes mid day i stand up on my tip toes and just reach up! What a good feeling.


I swear when I do yoga, it feels like all of me- mind and body, are getting in an amazing workout. Yoga requires physcial stregth and balance. Just like my life- it requres streght and balance. Without those two keys things, i would fall apart.

I stretch my mind by continuously learning. I love to get lost in a good book, follow news blogs, have intellectual conversations! Anything to keep my mind active and always learning. I feel that i stay on top of my A game when my mind is also being challenged.

I try to stretch out of my comfort zone by pushing myself. The past few races have been a struggle for me and really challenge me to go out of my comfort zone. I would have loved to have thrown in the towel and walked to the nearest burger joint and called it a day, but i need to make myself earn that burger first.

And if you’re looking for a great way to tone your triceps, here are my fave 3 exercises:

-Triceps Dips

-Overhead extensions (with weights)

-Tricep pull downs- weighted


So I want to know - are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment