Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week in Training

Last week, i finally dedicated myself to running and got some training under my feet.  Running is different for me right now then it used to be.  I am still regaining my fitness after an extedned time period of not training.  Remember when i used to run fast?  Me too.  But i cant dwell on how i ran 5 and 6 min miles 2 years ago- in my training (not even racing).  I am where i am because of who i am and what i have been through.  I cant change the past, i can only work hard and move forward. 

That being said, this week was what i would call a success.  I made a training plan and i stuck to it.  I ran Monday-Saturday with Saturday being a recovery run.  Sunday was a rest day.  

My milage is light right now and my pace is slow.  Im rebuilding my strength and endurance and am becoming okay with not being where i used to be. 

Monday: Miles: 3.00 Pace: 9'02" Total Time: 27:10
Tuesday: Miles: 3.12 Pace: 9'26" Total Time: 29:31
Wednesday: Miles: 3.19 Pace: 8'55" Total Time: 28:25
Thursday: Miles: 3.13 Pace: 8'55" Total Time: 27:53
Friday: Miles: 4.02 Pace: 8'17" Total Time: 33:20
Saturday: (recovery run) Miles: 4.00 Pace: 11'37" Total Time: 46:28

Saturdays run, as easy paced as it was, became my hardest run of the week.  Thursday 's run felt the best for me.  On Saturday, my legs felt heavy and dead.  It was a struggle to keep myself going, but luckily I had my fiancé running with me to help me stay motivated. 

My goal is to keep building up my speed and lower my average pace by my race on the 19th.  Paul and I are running Briggs & Al's Run and Walk.  Its a local race that has been going on in Milwaukee for over 38 years supporting a wonderful cause.  The race is a 8K (4.9 miles) and my goal is to finish in the top 20 women and run under 40 minutes.  The following weekend is a 10K race and I would like to hold a 7'30" pace for that race, but in order to get there, I need to keep training.

Sunday was rest day. This Monday I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had.  I was back in bed at 4pm and didn't get up til the next day.  I did not run Monday.  Tuesday, I was feeling exhausted and spent the night in eating pizza and watching Netflix with my fiancé.  He left for a business trip this morning so we wanted to spend time together.  Today, I need to get in a run before I head to work, but I'm struggling to keep my eyes open as I type this.

I just need to keep my eyes on my goals and put in the work.  I cant let the hard work I put in last week be for nothing. Time to change my attitude, do some jumping jacks and wake myself up!

Until next time:



No comments:

Post a Comment