Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hemp Hearts Review

This past month, I had the opportunity to review Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts.   Hemp hearts, are the heart of a hemp seed.  They are easy to eat and remind me of the texture of quinoa.  Packed with 10grams of plant based protein and 10 grams of omegas per 30 gram serving, they are a great source of nutrients.  I am a huge chia seed lover and hemp hearts have more protein and omegas then my chia seeds!

I found Hemp Hearts very easy to use with my daily meals.  I love having a salad for lunch and yogurt for breakfast or a snack.  I simply just sprinkled the hemp hearts on to what I was eating, and voila! I had an instant serving of nutritional goodness. 



A bit blurry, sorry!
I was slightly hesitant about trying the hemp hearts- I was afraid I would hate the texture or the flavor.  When sprinkled on my salad, I didn't even notice them, and when added to my yogurt, I was able to easily stir them in.  The texture reminded me of having chia seeds mixed into my yogurt.
Hemp Heart on my Greek yogurt!
I love that they are very easy to add to your meals, I could even add them to a blended protein shake!  Check out this recipe and just add your 2 tbl spoons of hemp hearts prior to blending! It will give your shake and added texture, but it doesn't change the taste flavor wise! Plus how can you pass up an easy way to get the nutrients your body needs!

Overall, I was highly satisfied with this product and plan to continue to purchase Hemp Hearts as well as some other goodies from Manitoba Harvest!


No comments:

Post a Comment