Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I Am #BOSUStrong

Its the last week of the #BOSUStrong challenge! This challenge allowed me a lot of time to reflect on my fitness goals, strengths and weaknesses.  My fitness journey is one that will always be continuous.  One of my favorite quotes is:

"Good Better best,
Never take a rest.
Til you good is better
And your better is best"

I am always striving to be better than I was the day before.  To be stronger, to be faster, to be a better version of myself.  This challenge opened my eyes to how weak my training has been- and how weak I have become- both physically and mentally.  My mental game has caused me a lot of problems in my running- making me want to throw in the towel and give up.  But I am continuing to persevere and stay strong.  I have an amazing support system and surround myself with positive and loving people.  I have a very blessed life and for that I am extremely grateful.

This week, I have a goal of getting in 20 miles of running- sure that's not a ton, but its a good start.  I want to do some hill training and speed training as well.  Id like to do 3 yoga practices this week and 3 days of strength training.  If I run, practice yoga, and strength train in the same day- then power to me!

What are your goals this week?



Week 4: What makes me #BOSUStrong!
This week is the very last week of the #bosustrong challenge that has inspired me to up my fitness game! Before starting the challenge, my goal was to actively participate in this challenge and now that we’re in the final week I plan to not only continue to participate, but to continue using parts of this challenge in the weeks to come. I want to be a fitter stronger faster version of myself, and I will need to continue to put in the work to achieve this goal.

This week we’re focusing on the things that make us BOSUStrong. Here are the 10 things that make me #BOSUStrong:

I am always striving to be a better version of myself!

I will always set goals and chase after them! Half the fun is achieving goals! Whether I'm chasing a PR, working towards holding a new yoga pose, or just trying to strengthen my body.


I never give up.  Sure, I want to give up half the time, but I don't!  Mind over matter!

I do my best when I have support.  I have written in previous posts how having my fiancĂ© by my side when running helps me tremendously.  He supports me in everything I do.  When I finally nail a new yoga pose I've been working on, he is there to congratulate me.  I surround myself with positive and uplifting people.  That is the kind of person I want to be, so I find being around like minded people to help.


I love to
#stopdropandyoga  Yes, I'm guilty of being that person who posts yoga poses on her Instagram.  When I feel inspired I go for it! I love to take creative shots with my poses.  And I LOVE to fall into a backbend!

I am inspired to inspire others.  I want others to see in me the good, and I want them to want to embrace the good in themselves.  I feel we are all working on being the best versions of ourselves, and if I can inspire someone to keep doing that or work harder, Ill call that a success.

I love to encourage others to try their hardest and chase their goals.  My fiancĂ© didn't start running races until I came around.  I encourage him to try, and he has more than succeeded! He has become an amazing runner- he always was- he just didn't run like he does now.  In my social circle, I have friend always telling me they are about to try a new yoga class or signed up for their first 5k.  Its an amazing feeling to have them come to me to share something so exciting. I hope to always motivate and encourage others to try new things and continuously chase goals.


I have bad days.  Its a part of being human.  I have runs where I end up walking half the time, but I'm out there trying, which is more than the person sitting on their couch can say.


I am proud of who I am.  I have battled a lot in my life.  I don't let that hold me back or keep me from growing.  We have to fall to get back up.

I hope to
finish 2015 strong!


So I want to know - are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment