Thursday, July 30, 2015

Busy Minds

Do you ever feel like your mind just wont turn off?! That's how I have felt the past few days.  I'm not having racing thoughts, just an overload of thoughts. I'm constantly overwhelmed with everything I "HAVE TO DO" and feel so defeated when i cant get it done.  Today, I'm taking the morning off. That means there is no workout for me today, there is only the time to sit with my thoughts, to organize them, and to plan things out so I'm not overwhelmed- as much.  Yes, yesterday i posted about how things cant always go my way or according to plan, but that doesn't mean that i shouldn't make plans.  My planning today is centered around workouts for each day. With a ton of races coming up in the fall, I want to make sure that my body is in top shape and I don't have that as an excuse to justify a bad race.  There will be bad races, that is a part of life.  Every race cant be my best, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't train and try my hardest. 

I am a list person, a calendar person, a write it down and check it off kind of person.  I need to feel that little bit of accomplishment when I have completed something.  Today, I am planning out my running schedule for the next two months. My days are busier now though, so i need to plan accordingly.  I need to get out of bed and hit the pavement and not make excuses and push off a workout (kind of what I'm doing today).  I constantly find myself complaining about not being where I used to be, not having as strong of a pace when I run, having a weak yoga practice, feeling pain from being out of shape-  but I am not being as proactive as I should be to fix those things so that I don't have a reason to complain. 

That changes today.  There is not time like the present.  When you do something different and make a change, you can find yourself going out of your comfort zone, and my friends, when you leave your comfort zone, that is where some positive changes can happen.  


I spent the last 11 years drinking my life away- I had periods of sobriety, but numbing my mind with alcohol was comfortable. I didn't have to deal with my life. But I made my life hard and much more complicated then it ever needed to be.  Getting sober was not in my comfort zone, but I took the leap, I white knuckled it for a bit, and now I work a program of sobriety.  I went out of my comfort zone and the changes have been amazing. My life is getting better than I ever thought it could be.  There was a point in my drinking when I thought I was destined to die drunk and alone.  Now, i get to live, I get to laugh, I get to wake up, work out, go to work, be loved and love back.  Those are just a few things that I have gained- all because I went out of my comfort zone.  



I still have a lot of things to work on.  I have a lot of areas that are comfortable for me, and not necessarily good for me.  Slowly i am taking steps, reaching out, branching out, letting go. 

I had a whole different idea for today's post, but somehow, I've strayed from that topic.  Anyways, im going to go write up my running/workout schedule.

If anyone needs a workout routine, a training schedule or advice, please feel free to email me :) I would love to help.  liveforfitnessllc@gmail.com


Questions for you:

What do you do when you can't turn your mind off?

How has going out of your comfort zone positively impacted your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment