Friday, March 15, 2013

Your workout..thats My warm up

"On those mornings when i was tempted to roll over and fall asleep again, I imagined my racing rivals leaping out of bed and roaring out the front door on a ten-mile workout. The thought so terrified me that i was generally lacing up my shoelaces within five minutes." -Amby Burfoot
  For those who don't know who Amby Burfoot is, he is the editor of one of my favorite magazines, Runners World, as well as the 1968 Boston Marathon Winner.  How's that for your fun fact of the day :)  The above quote by Burfoot, is one that i remind myself of on those morning I want to continue to hit my snooze button and award myself 2.5 hours extra sleep.  Then I remind myself of the list of runs i plan to compete in this spring/summer and how I'm not a very gracious loser. That in itself gives me that needed boost to get my butt up and at it; i do not want to have to face defeat. I'm a very gracious and humble winner, but losing, that's not a strong point for me.  Just add it to my list of character defects (yes, I'm throwing out an AA reference).

I've  decided I'm going to try and write once a week, shooting to do that entry on Fridays. I'm not sure if i will always be able to, but the key word is try.  One of these days, ill actually go out and get myself a computer again. Ive gone a few years without one and have survived but I'm starting to miss having one. Okay, my last entry was the 7th and i had been debating working out that day.  I did not workout, i worked a bit over 12 hours so at the end of the day called it quits and went home. Friday, i worked all day, as per usual and had Yoga afterwards.  I was SOOO sore from Yoga, for 5 days!! After class, i went right to the gym and did an hour on the StairMaster.  Saturday, i didn't workout.  I was at work til 4 and had plans right after. 

Sunday, i slept in...til 4pm.  I had woken up earlier, but i was so stressed over something id said to someone that i just felt sick to my stomach and couldn't bear to think or get up, so i choose to sleep most of the day instead.  When i finally did get up, i was very angry at my actions, and when that happens, I of course find ways to "punish" myself.  I already had the no food that day part going pretty strong so i decided id go for a run...in the rain.  The temperature wasn't too bad, 39 degrees, but add in the rain and wind and needless to say, it was not a joyful run.  I spent the first half trying to dodge 3inch deep puddles and melting snow, but eventually was sick of messing up my pace and just ran through them.  My shoes were soaked by the time i finished and my feet were freezing, but hey, that's what i deserved.  I ran 3.03miles in 21:22 with an avg pace of 7'03"  My slowest run in the past month, but I'm going to play the blame game and blame the weather and the dodging of puddles.  Miles are as follow: M1:6'53" M2:7'25" (YIKES!) M3:6'47"

Monday, i really wasn't in the mood to do anything but dragged my sorry behind to the gym.  I ran 3.03mi in 19.33 with an avg pace of 6'27"per mile.  M1:6'30" M2:6'26" M3"6'23"  Negative splitting is what i like to see! After running, i walked for another 30 minutes, with an incline of 4 and at a power walk pace NOT a cool down pace.  Then i did the StairMaster for 15minutes and left.  My knee was aching before i even got on the StairMaster so i did as much as i could before i was in serious pain.

Tuesday, i went to the gym after work.  I did the StairMaster first. In the afternoon, that becomes the coveted machine as there is only one, so i figured id use it while it was free. I did 8.09miles or 62minutes on the StairMaster, then some core work and squats, finishing with a 2.32mile run and a 2.5 mile brisk walk (no incline). My knee was not feeling the greatest so i didn't want to push myself to vigorously.  2.32 was run in 15:02 with an avg. pace of 6'28"per mile. M1:6'32" M2:6'24"

Wednesday, I ran 3.83miles in 26:05 with an avg. pace of 6'42" per mile.  That run was very hard for me.  My knee was in terrible pain but i did my best to numb my mind and focus on the techno music i had blaring in my earphones (I work out to Pandora radio's "Scooter" station, i absolutely love it!!). After that run, i also power walked 2.43miles at an incline of 4.  Yesterday, Thursday, i did not make it to the gym.  I did walk 2.5 miles around town running errands and also on top of that did not eat anything until i finally decided to have a salad around 615.  I then had another salad with a grilled chicken breast around 8 and ended my day around a 500calorie intake. Whoo hoo! Thats the way every day should be! Add in 1300 or so cals burned at the gym and i call that a perfect day :)   Today is a failure day and I'm sure the scale will show that to me tomorrow.  Its 5pm and im already at 1700calories. F*@K Me! I hate that.  This is the most i have eaten in a single day in about 2 months.  I'm going crazy.  I have an hour of yoga to do tonight and then im going straight to the gym where i plan to stay until Ive burned off all these calories or pass out.  Which ever comes first.  And to "punish" myself, I'm not allowed to have dinner and have to drink 2-3 cups of lax tea.  I cant believe i let myself go.  I blame the peanut butter! Ive become obsessed with this peanut butter by Planters (as in Planters Peanuts), its a cinnamon raisin granola peanut butter. 180cals for every 2 tblspns. I was healthy all day until that peanut butter and 1 3/4 bagels crept up on me.  Damn you carbs and pb!! (shakes fist in the air) Why must you taste soooo good!!!  Yea, so enough about my fat ass.  Here's to hoping my knee cooperates with me and i can stay strong and say "NO!" to food.  I was steadily down in weight all week, down 3 lbs as of this morning, fingers crossed to see that even lower tomorrow or i will seriously cry.  Thankfully Sunday and Monday are right around the corner and i have no plans tomorrow night so i can just sleep them away and avoid food, only waking to get myself to the gym and sweat out this unwanted fat that covers my body.

Until next time, stay strong, eat lean, train mean.


Middle pic is my bloated was after eating way to much :(





No comments:

Post a Comment