Friday, March 29, 2013

Keep Calm, Love Running

I feel like i have so many runs to (b)log! Ive really liked getting into the habit of writing each week, but last Friday i was completely out of it and pretty much a zombie. I'm surprised i made it trough Yoga.  I thought about skipping class and going home but I'm glad i stayed.  Each week has been getting harder as he adds in more advanced poses and has us moving through the positions at a faster pace.  I love the challenge and the sore feeling i have afterwards.  My legs are like jello after Yoga.

Anyways, here's the quick overview of my runs/workouts: (i don't really feel like writing a whole lot today, and i basically just want to track these before i forget to)

Friday March 15: Yoga for an hour then Ran 3.76miles in 26.11 avg pace of 6'57"  M1:6'56" M2:6'53" M3:6'53"

Sat 16: worked all day and then i went home and napped.  no workout

Sun 17: I lifted, arm day. Did 31minutes on the StairMaster, did my squats on the balance ball with and 8lb medicine ball and then i ran 3.22miles in 20:46 with an avg pace of 6'27" M1:6'36" M2:6'26" M3:6'20"

Mon 18: (Ive decided Mondays are going to be my long cardio days and that on either Saturday or Sunday i will take a rest day, depends on how I'm feeling).  I ran 7.02miles in 45:58 with and avg pace of 6'33"
   M1:6'32" M2:6'18" M3:6'25" M4:6'38" M5:6'35" M6:6'40" M7:6'39" 
  after that run, i then did a 1hour bike (that's as long as it would let me do) and that got me to 17.46miles

Tues 19:  I was not feeling the gym on this day.  My headphones started to short out when i started running, and i need my music to workout.  if i don't have music, i start to over think and lose focus.  Music drowns my thoughts and allows me to focus on the beat and lyrics instead of my thoughts.  I ran 1.56miles in 10"32 avg pace 6'45" and then i called it quits.  I just couldn't stand the frustration of my headphones.  Because of my headphone issue, i did not work out on Wednesday.  Thursday morning, i bought a new pair and got in a run.

Thurs 21: Ran 4.11miles in 27:38 with an average pace of 6'43" M1:7'00 M2:6'50" M3:6'41" M4:6'24"

Fri 22:  No gym this day, i just did Yoga. A woman i work with brought me some of her homemade chili so i went home after Yoga so i could eat it! i was so excited about it that i decided missing out the gym wasn't a bad thing.

Sat 23: Ran 3.28miles in 22:4 with an avg pace of 6'47" M1:7'00" M2:6'42" M3:6'43"  Then i did 22minutes on the elliptical and went home

Sun 24: I skipped the gym and instead i slept in then went and hung out with this boy i like ;) We went to a movie, saw "Olympus Has Fallen"  I highly recommend it! I couldn't sit still watching, i was (and i mean literally) on the edge of me seat!

Mon: (I know i said I'm going to make Monday's my long days, but eh, sometimes i just have to listen to the cues from my body and take it easy)  I ran outside.  I did 1.20miles in 7:43 with an avg pace of 6'25"

Tues and Wednesday i did not workout.  Wednesday, i changed my work schedule so i will be working the afternoon and closing the salon, then going with a girlfriend every Wednesday to an AA meeting right afterwards.  We went to a meeting i hadn't been to since October, and she hadn't been to this meeting in an even longer time.  It was a really good meeting and I'm glad she and i are planning to go there every week. Its our version of girls night. haha

Thursday 28 (yesterday):  I ran 3.01miles in 19:50 with an avg pace of 6'35"  I set the incline to 2 on the first two miles, then on mile three took off the incline and increased from my 9.0pace to a 9.4 then upping it the last 1/2mile to 9.7.  After i logged the 3miles, i took the pace to 4.2 and set the incline to 4 and walked my cool down (1.11miles).  I was soaked afterwards.  i dont know if its because i had just had a massage and had toxins being sweat out or what, either way i felt great.  After my run, i headed home to get changed and run errands before i had to head back to work and close.  After work, i hung out with that boy i like and went bowling.  He, of course, beat me, but i cant admit to him that i figured he would.  I did hold my own pretty good though, he won by 1 point!! We only bowled one round, then grabbed a bite to eat and called it a night.  I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty smitten with this guy :)

Well that's all I've got.  Tonight is Yoga and then i do plan to head to the gym for some cardio.  I'm not sure if ill run, or if ill follow through on that plan.  My knee has been bothering me all morning and the poses we do in Yoga add some strain to my knee as well.  I guess ill just play it by ear and see how i feel afterwards.  I can always go hard tomorrow and Sunday.  Ill have the majority of my Easter to myself.  I am going to Easter Lunch at a coworkers house.  Very grateful she invited me so i don't have to spend the day alone, I normally would spend the day with my Dad, but he has elected to have a quiet day.  I don't blame him, our last family holiday was utter chaos. Enough of my ramblings. 

Until next time, "your mind gives up before your legs do"



No comments:

Post a Comment