Friday, February 22, 2013

GYM is my boyfriend

Can you believe it...a second entry this week! Much better then my average one per month.  I don't have much activity to report today though.  Yesterday was my birthday so i took it easy on myself.  I was feeling a bit tired and worn down as well so i wanted to allow myself a form of a "recovery day"  Maybe I'm just tired because I'm an old lady now. 

I did a moderate run of 3.03 miles (had to get my 5k minimum...3.2miles).  And cooled down with a mile jog/walk.  I could've stayed longer and done more cardio, but i called it quits after that.  First and only time i will ever leave the gym having done such small workout.  I know most people would feel good about themselves for having run 3 miles, and they should, but its just not me.  I need to burn 1000cals a day and leave soaking wet.  I wear three layers, a workout tank, a tee shirt (or long sleeve) and a sweatshirt.  I don't leave until the sweat has soaked to the sweatshirt.  I know, I'm crazy! But, I'm okay with that.  Some people think its sick how much i workout and frown upon and say there must be something wrong with me.  Others, admire my endurance and DEDICATION to staying fit.  To each their own. I'm going to continue to do what makes me happy.

After leaving the gym, after my baby workout, i let myself relax with a shopping trip and even went out to dinner and ate my entire meal!! WHOA! I don't do that, but i let myself be okay with it just once.  Today, i even let myself eat something that is on my "No no" list.  I had chef boyardee ravioli.  I don't eat processed foods, or foods that come from a can (unless it organic vegetables).  But eh, you only live once and i was hungry. 

Tonight, being Friday, its Yoga class!! I cant wait! I have a huge knot behind my right shoulder blade so I'm hoping it doesn't affect how much i can do in class.  Then of course, ill head straight to the gym afterwards.  I'm thinking an hour on the StairMaster and a 30minute bike.  If I'm up to it, ill run.  Ive found the StairMaster gives me the best sweat in an hour and i burn the most calories. And after how Ive eaten the past two days, i need to be burning a TON of calories.  I would love to go home crawl into bed and eat a pan of lasagna, but that is not happening, nor will it ever.  I don't care how tired i am, the gym has to happen.  Being skinny takes hard work! (well that and i happen to have a fabulous metabolism)

Okay, so here is yesterdays run, i know you are all dying to know what my "moderate run" looks like.   Ran 3.03miles in 20:36 with an avg. pace of 6'47/mi   M1:6'51" M2:6'45" M3:6'48"

Until next time... Life is short, go run




No comments:

Post a Comment