Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The voice in your head that says you can't do this is a liar

Its been 12 days since i last posted, and I'm very disappointed i don't have 12 runs to blog about.  I could make excuses as to why i wasn't out running, but it really comes down to the fact that i was dealing with some personal things and had to take time to regroup and re balance.  Ive had a lot of people the past few days tell me i look different, more content, happier.  I guess i needed that break and I am finally feeling at ease and whole again.  Add a couple days of consecutive running into the mix and i feel like I'm back to my old self again :)

Last week i was able to run Tues, wed and Thurs.  Friday and Saturday i worked all day and had commitments that filled my evening. I felt so at peace and happy running again. Its crazy how a week away messed up my mentality.  I am so grateful for such simple things, two legs that work! and the beautiful weather that i was able to enjoy last week.  Tuesday, I went for a run after leaving work.  I stayed at work until 3 and come 315 was pounding pavement.  I ran 4.12 miles in 30:22 with an avg. pace of 7'22" per mile.  Not so bad for having taken time off and not being as consistent with working out as i had been.  M1:7'22" M2:7'11" M3:7'34" M4:7'19"  Overall i maintained a pretty consistent pace and was able to feel good about myself at the end. 

Wednesday, I was feeling very relaxed and on top of my game.  I ran 4.03 miles in 28:02 with an avg pace of 6'56" per mile.  M1: 6'48" M2: 6'56" M3: 6'42" M4:7'20"  I started to run out of fuel towards the end, but i felt amazing once i was done.  I always find that about a half hour after I'm done running, I'm ready to go back out and run some more.  I do have other things to do besides run all day though, so i can run a lot all at once or be satisfied with a brief 4 miles. 

Thursday, i sat around debating running.  I could feel myself drifting into my mind and that isn't always a great place to get stuck, so before i started over thinking and bumming myself out i got out of my head and ready for a run.  Once i started running, my tiredness and jumble of thoughts left me and i started to immediately feel better.  I ran 4.03 miles in 28:13 with an avg. pace of 7'00".  I felt satisfied with the run as it was very consistent with the day prior and only a few seconds slower in time.  M1: 7'00" M2: 7'08" M3: 6'57" M4:6'52" 

Friday and Saturday, as i stated earlier, i was busy with work and evening commitments so i did not have the time to squeeze in a run.  On Sunday, i spent the morning sleeping in and than spent the day with my twin brother.  I did have some time to run, however, i had "homework" that needed to be finished so i devoted my time to that.  Sometimes i have to make other things a priority as much i wish i didn't.   Monday, i had nothing to do.  I sat around for the majority of my morning and as my laziness started creeping in some more, i jumped out of bed and changed.  I needed to get out and get in a run or i knew id be severely disappointed in myself and come the end of the day would be doing some unnecessary self loathing, which I've found is always best avoided. I started out at an easy pace and than soon decided that I felt good and wanted to try for a sub 6 min mile. I didn't achieve that goal, I ran 1.02 in 6'15". I rested for about 2 minutes and than was ready to go at it again. I ran another 3.12 miles in 23:06 with an avg pace of 7'24". M1: 7'10" M2: 7'38" M3: 7'44". I could feel my body tiring out but kept pushing myself as I needed to get in my minimum requirement of 4 miles. Sadly, I haven't run since Monday. I still have time and might go out today, but I was very sick the past few days and am trying to bounce back from that. I know Saturday I will get in a good run after I'm done working for the day. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment