Wednesday, June 24, 2015

#1MillionMinutes

This week was the kick off for #SweatPinks journey to #1MillionMinutes!! 

What is that you ask?! Only an amazing movement, bringing people together- inspiring, motivating and encouraging healthy activity! So get moving!!  Check it out, sign up, and motivate those around you:)  

I love being an ambassador for #SweatPink and a part of the community.  I have been part of the #SweatPink family for over a year now.  I am constantly being challenge and encouraged to take positive strides in my fitness and health through this community.  The challenges that i get to be a part of are amazing- Just like the #1MillionMinutes challenge! I encourage all of you to sign up and get active! This is an all summer long event and its never to late to start your journey to a healthier fitter life style. 

One of my goals for #1MillionMinutes is to get in 60minutes or more of activity every single day! Even if its just going for a long walk, its being active.  If you are new to fitness or not sure what to do for physical activity please feel free to email me with questions or for help with a workout! ( liveforfitnessllc@gmail.com ).  Even gardening is active! So go plant some healthy vegetable and log those minutes!  My other goals are to train for another half marathon, to log 500+ miles before the end of August and to race 3-4 more times before the end of august- from 5ks-half marathons.  I love the adrenaline rush.  Another goal i have is to dive deeper into my yoga practice, hold poses longer and deeper, gain flexibility and to challenge myself.

The past week, i have started to attend more yoga classes and really get into my practice. I have felt more of an excitement for being active compared to a few months ago.  My depression is getting better, but its not gone.  I have only run once since my half marathon and am working to change that.  I have so much trouble getting out of my head.  That is another reason i love the #1MillionMinutes challenge- it gives me a reason- a purpose- to get out of my head, to get out and run, to get on my mat and practice.  

There is a running store in my area that hosts all types of running events.  Every thursday, they meet at a local public track and have an hour practice.  I have yet to get there, but tomorrow im off so im making it a goal to be there, to be social and to be active!  Im also making it a goal to start getting up early and instead of sitting around, get out and run.  I have found that an eaerly morning run helps improve my mood through out the day. 

Running is my medicine.  My therapy.  My time to reflect, pray and sort through my head.  Its time i start doing more for me that is good then dwelling in the bad. 

Thats all i have for today.  As always, #LiveForFitness
Until next time
 

QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

WHAT ARE YOUR FITNESS GOALS? DO YOU HAVE A PLAN TO HELP YOU REACH THEM?

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST OBSTACLE STANDING IN YOUR WAY AND HOW TO YOU PLAN TO MOVE PAST THAT?


No comments:

Post a Comment