Thursday, August 23, 2012

You're allowed to hit the pause button

Today is day 2 of not running. My body has been pretty worn down and quite honestly I haven't been taking the best care of myself. My "break" is one that is much needed and that my close friends have been pleading me to take. Today at work, I briefly passed out. The world went dark and I was gone for about 30 seconds. Unfortunately, this is something that I am accustomed to. I don't pass out a lot, anymore, but it is known to happen to me more so than the "normal" person.
I'm slowly learning how to take better care of myself and how to fuel my body. Just as I am a constant work in progress, so is that.

I still might run tonight, it's yet to be determined. Running brings me a relief. It's a way I'm able to isolate myself from everyone with out being frowned upon. My mind is a constant roller coaster of unorganized thoughts, especially lately, so not running it a huge deal for me. I'm learning how to calm my mind and my racing thoughts without having to over exercise. I tend to put myself in overdrive quite often and constantly forget to hit the pause button. Lack of nutrition, constant running and functioning on 4 hours of sleep a night caught up to me today. I know what I need to do, it's just doing it that i struggle with. I'm already playing around with the idea of a late night run. I'll only do 4 miles. I figure I already passed out once today, it can't happen again, right!? I know, wrong. it can.

On Monday, I did a recovery run, or that's what I'll pretend it was. I ran 4.04 miles. Time of 28:41 with an avg pace of 7'06". Mile times are as follows: mile 1- 6'47" m2- 7'05" m3-7'15" m4-7'16". I held a decently consistent pace but could tell my body was feeling tired on the last two. Tuesday was more so a recovery style of a run, in my mind. I ran 3.06 miles with and avg pace of 7'07" so pretty consistent with the prior day. On mile two I got a sharp pain in my chest that affected my breathing so I had to pause and walk a tad to regain my breathing rhythm. Mile 2s time shows that something was up. Time by mile: m1-6"40' m2- 8'06" m3- 6'45".

Today I tried to sign up for a 5k on sept 3 but the website was being frustrating and didn't process my registration, they did however take my money. A stressful situation like that is something that makes me want to hit the pavement and get lost in my music and adrenaline. I know it will all sort out eventually. I will run that 5k even if I have to register the day of. If I keep training at a consistent pace I will hopefully run sub 20. That would make my day. It's only 3.2 miles and I can do that in my sleep :)

Thats all ive got today, so until next time, I leave you with this:
"Anybody can be a runner... We were meant to move. We were meant to run. It's the easiest sport."
-Bill Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment